1. How long have you been a client at SLHF - I have been a client of SLHF from the very beginning. I have followed SLHF to many locations over the years and it has been a staple in my life for myself, my husband and even my 2 children who both play travel soccer, football, and lacrosse.
2. What do you look forward to the most when coming to class? I look forward to coming to SLHF for many reasons. I love that the workout is different yet challenging every time I come! Even though I push myself pretty hard, I love that I always feel challenged and extremely motivated by the trainers. I love the people I've met over the years when I work out and I love leaving feeling sweaty, pushed and encouraged - and of course knowing that when I start my day with a great workout I am then ready to take on whatever the work day has in store for me.
3. What has been the most rewarding part of your SLHF experience? The most rewarding part of SLHF is the sense of family that I experience every time I come. Everyone is made to feel welcome and encouraged in a non-threatening, positive environment. We push each other, we laugh, we sweat together and we all come back and do it all over again!
4. What keeps you going/motivated? What keeps me the most motivated is that feeling I get when I've finished my workout and tell myself- way to go, you did it! While most people are in bed asleep, I just had a challenging and fun workout with my husband and friends all before the sun came up!
5. What has been the hardest part of this journey? Even though I have worked out my entire life and I've always been into fitness- spinning, running, barre classes, Pilates- the hardest part for me is when I'm feeling sore or tired, telling myself I can do it again and my body will thank me!
6. What has been your favorite exercise and why? I was a self-proclaimed cardio junkie for so many years. It was truly a shift in my mindset to understand how and why I needed weights and strength built into my workout routines. As a result, not only did I notice a change in my physique, but I felt so much stronger. I always say - There is a precise method to the workouts designed at SLHF. Every warmup, movement, cardio burst, strength exercise - it's there for a reason and it's very carefully planned to provide a great workout and prevent injury!
7. What advice can you offer others looking to start? The best piece of advice i can offer to someone just starting is no matter what - don't give up! You will be sore, you might want to stay in bed when it's dark out, you may not think you have time to commit to working out for an hour, but after you start, I promise you- you will love the results! You'll have friends waiting for you that feel like family, you'll be stronger, and you'll feel motivated and encouraged! You will not regret it!
Thank you Heather for sharing about your journey, keep up the great work!