1. How long have you been a client with SLHF?
I have been a client for about 3 years now.
2. What do you look forward to the most when coming to class?
The challenging workouts of course!! I also love the group of ladies I’ve met at the gym. It makes class fun and we motivate each other to keep going.
3. What has been the most rewarding part of your SLHF experience?
Staying in shape!! I will be 50 this year and doing these classes makes me feel much younger than 50. I also get to workout with my kids every once in a while which I love!
4. What keeps you going/motivated?
I feel good after a hard workout and have a lot of energy! The workouts are different all the time so they never get boring!!
5. What has been the hardest part of this journey?
I have been struggling with some health issues for the past few months and working out was the last thing on my mind. It was a chore just getting out of bed. I had to make myself go back to the gym. Chip sat me down and listened to my concerns and put me at ease about getting my health and body back. I still have good days and bad days but I’m getting stronger and hate to miss a workout.
6. What has been your favorite exercise and why?
I don’t have one specific exercise but I like any ab exercise. I love a strong core!!
7. What advice can you offer others looking to start?
Just dive in and do it. Everyone is nervous and scared their first day but the trainers are all very nice and can customize any workout to fit your needs. Everyone is not at the same fitness level and they know that and are always willing to work with you. Also, the clients at the gym are friendly, down to earth, and are all different shapes and sizes. It is a place you can be comfortable no matter what your fitness level.