Client Spotlight - Colleen Schomaker
1. How long have you been a client with SLHF?
Since May of 2014
2. What do you look forward to the most when coming to class?
Getting a good workout that I don’t have to think about and feeling good when it’s over. Also, seeing & catching up with my ‘gym friends’ and interacting with the coaches. It’s often a ‘lift’, both physically & mentally.
3. What has been the most rewarding part of your SLHF experience?
Getting stronger, relieving stress, having more energy and the fact that I’ve actually stuck with it this long!
4. What keeps you going/motivated?
The coaches, the people and the environment. It’s as much of a challenge as you want to make it and the workouts are well thought out and delivered with a true passion.
5. What has been the hardest part of this journey?
Due to my son’s health issues, I was unable to workout consistently for many years. When I decided to start up again I wasn’t sure I’d be able to stick with it, but so far so good! Consistency is still an obstacle at times, but each week it remains a priority, even if it’s not everyday.
6. What has been your favorite exercise and why?
I like the variety of equipment used and the exercises we do. Each day and each coach is a little different, focusing on different areas and that’s what keeps it from getting boring.
7. What advice can you offer others looking to start?
There’s never a perfect time to start, so just jump in and know that it will take time. Be patient and easy on yourself, realizing that with some consistency you will get stronger and the staff at SLHF will do everything to help you achieve your fitness & health goals. And the people you meet along the way will be an added bonus (especially the 9am class-goers! Haha)