Client Spotlight - Heidi Meier
1. How long have you been a client with SLHF?
I think over 5 years, I am not sure.
2. What do you look forward to the most when coming to class?
Working out with the other clients new and old at SLHF, as well as hanging out with Chip, Vittoria, Meaghan, Mario and the interns. They make working out fun.
3. What has been the most rewarding part of your SLHF experience?
No matter how long it is between visits due to my work/sleep schedule, the team at SLHF helps me get back into rhythm and it feels like coming back home.
4. What keeps you going/motivated?
I feel better after going to class. Also knowing that if an exercise does not feel right the trainers can help me modify the exercise so I can get the benefits but not be in pain.
5. What has been the hardest part of this journey?
To not be hard on myself when I can’t get to SLHF when I like due to my schedule, but I try to remember that the team is always there for support.
6. What has been your favorite exercise and why?
Any core exercise, as a nurse I stand a lot and help patients move, so core strength is very important.
7. What advice can you offer others looking to start?
Don’t compare yourself to others, this is your journey, start small and build on what you learn and accomplish to get to your goals no matter what they are.