Rachel Denny aka Dr. Denny
1. How long have you been a client with SLHF?
I have been a client of Chip since the summer of 2010. I needed some serious help with my college tennis conditioning. After that summer, I had my best season of college tennis.
2. What do you look forward to the most when coming to class?
I love seeing the coaches at SLHF along with the interns. I also look forward to the variety of challenges in the different workouts.
3. What has been the most rewarding part of your SLHF experience?
The most rewarding part of my SLHF experience was convincing both my parents to start going. First my dad started going, and he immediately noticed results, we always look forward to going together and challenging each other. Now my mom is going too, and she shows up both my dad and me.
4. What keeps you going/motivated?
My friends and family. Since SLHF started in Rochester I have brought friends, my parents, my boyfriend and I just love showing them how fun these classes can be.
5. What has been the hardest part of this journey?
Medical school was very difficult. I went from having a workout schedule in college to nonstop studying and very little time working out. I was so glad to come back to SLHF to give me that college workout structure. SLHF helped me through this very stressful time, gave me some structure and something to look forward to in my day.
6. What has been your favorite exercise and why?
I have a love/hate relationship with Tabata. The variety of workouts and the mix of cardio is always something I look forward to, especially once I’m on that last round. It is always a new challenge.
7. What advice can you offer others looking to start?
Bring a friend! It is so much fun and less intimidating.