1. How long have you been a client with SLHF?
I have been a client since September of 2013 and became a Coach at Staring Line in June 2015.
2. What do you look forward to the most when coming to class?
Starting my day off with a great workout (cheers to the 5:30am class peeps) that is always challenging me in new ways.
3. What has been the most rewarding part of your SLHF experience?
Watching my strength increase! I started at SLHF 4 months after having my second child and as a former cardio rat the weights and exercises were all new to me. As the years have gone by the knowledge and confidence I have gained has allowed me to share my passion of health and fitness with the clients in the gym as a coach.
4. What keeps you going/motivated?
The friends I have made at the gym keep me going/motivated as they give me the strength and determination to push myself to the next level.
5. What has been the hardest part of this journey?
Juggling life...haha. Between two young kiddos who go to school and their sports/after school activities and the joys of daily life (grocery shopping, errands, etc.) it can be a challenge to find the time. But the hour I take to attend a LYFT class makes me a better wife, mother, friend, co-worker, etc. I no longer feel guilty but proud to show my kids how important it is to take care of yourself.
6. What has been your favorite exercise and why?
I love the sliders and mini bands - so many options!
7. What advice can you offer others looking to start?
Show up and do your best - it is not a race to finish line. Doing something is better than doing nothing!!