1. How long have you been a client with SLHF?
I have been a client ever since I started at SLHF as an intern in May 2015.
2. What do you look forward to the most when coming to class?
Catching up with our clients and pushing each other during a workout.
3. What has been the most rewarding part of your SLHF experience?
The kind people I have met over the past two years. Clients and staff. While our clients come from many different backgrounds and cultures, we all connect through the world of fitness. Sharing this interest allows me to learn from my clients on a daily basis.
4. What keeps you going/motivated?
Our clients. Working out with our clients pushes me to work harder. Enduring the same discomfort as our clients makes the workout go by much easier.
5. What has been the hardest part of this journey?
Getting comfortable outside of my comfort zone. I know what my fitness goals are, and as long I remind myself of those every day, I know what I have to do to achieve them.
6. What has been your favorite exercise and why?
Farmer walks, Battle ropes, Builders, Squats, Cleans, Snatches… hard to pick just one.
7. What advice can you offer others looking to start?
Don’t be afraid to try something new, and get out of your comfort zone. Change is what we strive for, and it can only be achieved by doing something different than we are used to.