Gina Kell Spehn
1. How long have you been a client with SLHF?
Since we started in Rochester Park 7 years ago (I think it was 7?)
2. What do you look forward to the most when coming to class?
Getting yelled at by my punk-ass kid brother from another mother….No, actually… I look forward to challenging, well-designed, and purposeful workouts. I like knowing that no two workouts will be the same.
3. What has been the most rewarding part of your SLHF experience?
Love the people. Love the type of workouts. The decision to commit to a consistent workout schedule resulted in more energy, higher metabolism and improved ability to maintain an ideal weight.
4. What keeps you going/motivated?
1) I am never bored.
2) I want to live an active life in a healthy body.
5. What has been the hardest part of this journey?
Pushing myself out of bed at 4:45am.
6. What has been your favorite exercise and why?
Core exercises are my favorite because they ultimately protect my back. I had surgery on herniated L4 and L5 disks 11 years ago and it wasn’t until I started working out with Coach Chip that I began to strengthen the muscles that support my spine. I am able to do things that were absolutely off limits in the past.
7. What advice can you offer others looking to start?
One day at a time, just do it.